A tasty, light alternative to traditional sushi with rice.
Makes?24 rolls (4 to?5 persons)
- 25g Clearspring Shiitake Mushrooms
- 2tbsp Clearspring Toasted Sesame Oil
- 2tbsp Clearspring Tamari Soya Sauce
- 250g Clearspring Soba
- 4?Clearspring Sushi Nori
- Clearspring Wasabi - to taste
- Cook the soba as instructed on the pack. Drain and?put them into a bowl of cold water.
- Using the thumb and index finger, take some noodles from the bowl and make a 20-22 cm long and 2cm thick bundle. Leave it to drain on a clean tea towel. Repeat until no noodles are left in the water?and ensure the bundles are all of a?similar size.
- Soak the shiitake mushroom in cold water. Once rehydrated, cut the stem?off?and discard.?Thinly slice the cap.
- In a saucepan, heat the toasted sesame oil and add the mushrooms. Leave to cook?on a?medium heat for a few seconds. Add tamari and cover with a lid. Turn off the?heat and leave to one side.
- Mix the wasabi powder into a paste with a little water.
- Place a nori sheet on a sushi mat in front of you and place the noodles on?it?horizontally. Use as many bundles of soba noodles as necessary to cover almost the whole nori sheet, leaving 2 cm free at the top.
- Place a line of shiitake and a line of wasabi next to it.
- Roll using the same method as the rice sushi roll.
- Cut the rolled soba noodles in 6?pieces starting with the middle.
Tip: use?the end pieces?of the roll as decoration.
Recipe by Ohka-san